Gearing up for the Holidays with a Pop of Prep! Thanks to Old Navy, I can plan for unexpected cold weather in Palm Springs with a Cozy Bomber Jacket and other amazing finds at super affordable prices! Get the look below! Happy Holiday Shopping :)
This seasons BCBG Maxazria show was a shocking plethora of 70's throwbacks; bringing in boho fringe, preppy plaids and laid back, embroidered street swag. Now, I'm not saying I would necessarily take all of the ensembles to the street, but the Spring 2016 show supplied loads of inspiration for the upcoming season. Here are a few of my faves from the show, along with similar finds to get the look now!
One of my favorite things about the collection was the intricate embroidery thoughout. The entire show was filled with unexpected flocks, mixing and matching Woodstock inspired tie die, flowy embellished garments, muted tones, pops of color, and floral/aztec prints.
With loads of Labor-less time on your hands, there is a good chance you'll spend a portion of the extended weekend doing a little online shopping. I know I am at least! Here's a round up of this weekend's hottest sales and a few of my favorite sale items worth getting your hands on now!
It's hard to believe how long i've put the blog on hold. Since the big move to California (holy cow, its been over a year and a half) so many new adventures have been taken. Now, I'm not one to ramble on, but I do feel like I owe you all an explanation for being so incredibly MIA. Let's get back to blogging now, shall we?
One of the best decisions ever made was our move to Santa Monica. If you're going to move West, there is no other way to do it than to live by the beach. Waking up to beautiful weather every day, bike rides to the ocean, weekends trips to San Diego, paddle boards in the marina, Sunday's at the farmers market... The most incredible thing about California is that the activities are endless and never short of amazing.
Some of my must- have weekend essentials:
Ok so, I'm #humblebragging, but I seriously have the BEST job. Just a few months ago, I accepted a position as the Social Media Coordinator for a company called Yoobi; Bright, vibrant school supplies that give back. For every Yoobi item you buy, we will donate another Yoobi item to a classroom in need, right here in the U.S.! Not only am I surrounded by colorful supplies and amazing colleagues every day, but I get to be a part of something even bigger... Giving back. There are so many children in the U.S. that don't have the access to the tools they need to succeed. Our goal is to provide free school supplies to every child that needs it. At Yoobi, we actually go to some of the schools ourselves and hand out supplies to all of the students! How cool is that? An added bonus- my everyday "briefcase," is an Aqua colored backpack and my car keys consist of a newly the newly, re-innovated pom pom key chain (aka koosh ball). The product we sell is truly amazing- Great for kids and adults of all ages!
Check out this awesome "how to" by Studio DIY to make these awesome Yoobi pencil zip cases!
Lately, and most importantly... Matt and I got engaged! Moving to California has been such an incredible experience for us both. As you married folk know, planning a wedding soaks up all of your LIFE. Literally, my life revolves around planning this extravaganza. Crazy, exciting, and stressful... I wouldn't want it any other way.
Check out my Pinterest page for a little wedding inspiration
Stay tuned for more newness coming to the blog soon and thanks for following along! I've missed you all terribly!
Being the responsible adult that I am (sort of not really), I've been doing my best to stay away from shopping... yes, shopping. I know, can you believe it? I have a fashion blog so... like, how am I supposed to continue posting? The truth of it is, this has been a fun test for me. Every day, I'm finding innovative ways to create new outfits with the clothes that already exist in my closet.
A large floral printed scarf coordinates well with a smaller printed blouse. Seal it with a belt and you've got yourself a new top. Who would've thunk? Paired with my favorite Gigi New York clutch, this is a new, go-to look. Hopefully this will inspire you to see what scarves and tops coordinate in your closet!
Today I'm excited to share my new beauty regimen with you! I've recently been introduced to Enza Essentials; Advanced skincare formula to target specific concerns for every type. This routine is compatible for my specific skin type, and it shows results. My skin tends to dry out easily, creating extra oils which cause breakouts. If you are anything like me, this is the routine for you!
Starting with the Saturation Cleanser: A mild moisturizing cleaner designed to gently wash away impurities, while providing the valuable nutrients necessary to maintain soft, beautiful skin.
Saturation Aloe Scrub: A gentle formula containing fruit enzymes and aloe vera combined with natural grains to safely lift off dead skin cells revealing smooth skin.
The Saturation Toner: (My personal favorite) leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. Ideal for dull dry skin, this formula contains lotus flower to sooth and nourish, along with the extract of ginseng to invigorate and condition.
Vitamin C Serum: Acts as an antioxidant. The process of oxidation damages the skin cells. This serum is rich in anti-oxidants, which repairs and renews the cells, giving the skin a healthier look. Saturation Herbel Creme: Natural proteins and moisturizers help prevent the loss of moisture thereby retaining the skin's natural moisture. (Great for dry aging skin) Advanced Protection SPF 30: Providing full-spectrum, UVA/UVB protection with vitamins and antioxidants, this lotion is fragrance free and light enough for oily skin. Make sure to check out Enza Essentials and find the skin routine personalized for your skin!
Today I’ve partnered up with ModCloth to share a few of my
favorite layering techniques! With a huge array of sweaters and knits to choose
from, your options are limitless.
Starting with the perfect pastel combo; White jeans, and a
white top make the base of the outfit. (Even in the winter) This leaves you
with lots of wiggle room to get creative with your layers. I decided to keep it
simple with this baby blue cardigan, and my go-to jean jacket to wear on top. When
wearing white jeans, a darker color on your feet can make you appear short and
stumpy, so I went with a pair of adorable light beige booties to help give the
illusion of elongated legs.
For my next look, I decided to keep it simple, and
fuss-free. Let’s be honest, we all have mornings where the last thing we want
to do is spend time in our closets, putting together a complex outfit. I love
this criss-cross, drapey sweater (low in stock, so get it while it lasts!) paired
with a simple pair of skinny jeans. These over-the-knee booties are the perfect
statement piece, and complete the look!
Lastly, I decided to create a look with sharp edge, and a
muted color palette, dominated by blacks and greys.
For 2015, one of my resolutions was to find the perfect, everyday make up product. My skin is super delicate, and prone to breakouts when it isn't treated right. It's always either too dry, or too oily, and never just right. Which is why I decided to gut the old, and start with a clean slate. Since the beginning of the year, I've been using this make-up regimen, and my skin has never looked better! Heres the secret:
1. Start with a fresh, clean face and apply Benefits, "Triple Performing, Facial Emulsion." A lot of times, people confuse their break-outs with having oily skin, when in reality, your face is so dry, that it produced more oils. This Moisturizer helps rejuvenate your skin and prevents it from those future breakouts.
2. Apply benefits "Eyes, It's Potent," cream under and around your eyes. The skin below your eyes is different from the rest of your face, and is extremely delicate; it needs special care. This too acts as a moisturizer, with a nice, cooling effect.
3. To cover any small imperfections, I use the same concealer I've been using since High school. Almay's "Clear Complexion Concealer." Dab a little on a blemish, and it blends in perfectly with the rest of your skin. It also helps clear everything up!
4. "The Big Easy, Bigger than BB cream," is a great alternative to clumpy foundation. I personally don't use this every day, but when I'm headed out for the night or getting ready for an event, this is my go-to. It leaves your skin looking flawless AND it has SPF 35 in it!
5. Applied either directly after the BB cream, or in place of it, I love to use the "Hello Flawless," compact powder. During a normal week, I will skip the BB cream, and go directly to this for lighter application. I don't particularly like having a lot of make up on my face for 12 hours, so this is the perfect solution.
6. Apply Mac, Love Joy Mineralize Blush for contour to make your cheek bones to pop. It's refined, baked minerals enhance your cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer.
7. Look alive with the "High Brow" pencil, which gives your brows a little lift. Apply it directly below your eye brows following the arch. I also like to place a little in the corners of my eye to help give me a fresh, awake look, (even when I have a case of the Mondays.)
8. Lastly, my old go-to, is the "Almay One Coat Thickening Mascara." Over the years, I have tried countless varieties of Mascara, and this one is the only one that seems to make my eye lashes look extra full and long.
And that's it! Now you know the details to my every day routine. Find these products, and more of my favorite products below.